How to decorate a Christmas card with magazines
As usual this Christmas we have made our own Christmas cards. My cards are simple, just white card and some amazing glitter liners I bought recently to make decorations on fabric and that work brilliantly on paper, but it is my son’s idea the one I would like to share here. He made two cards for his teachers using magazine pages and blue thick paper.
Material: blue thick paper, magazine pages, scissors, glue, scalpel.
- Cut the paper to fit a standard envelope
- Draw a star on one side of the paper
- Cut with a scalpel(use a ruler to keep a straight line)
- Cut a few magazine pages into strips of the same width
- Weave the magazine strips to make a large enough background to go under the star shaped hole
- Attach the woven work onto a piece of blue paper and glue the whole thing inside the card to create a cover for the first page of the card.
- Leave to dry and the card before writing your special message